U2 WE1 - T. Laura

Unit 2: "A Day in the Life"

 

Activity 1:  I wake up, take a shower, and have a big breakfast...  

Go HERE to review the vocabulary for daily routines.

 

Activity 2:  First, then, after that...

Describe your daily routine to a partner; use first, then, next, after that, finally to indicate the order. He or she should take notes so that he can share the other partner's routine with the rest of the class later.

 

Activity 3:  I usually study English in the afternoons...

3.1  Practice the use of adverbs of frequency with these activities.

 

3.2  Go HERE for a speaking activity to practice routines and adverbs of frequency.

 

Activity 4:  Let's celebrate!

4.1  Let's study some vocabulary about celebrations.

 

4.2  Go HERE to get some questions about celebrations for you and your partners to answer.

4.3  Choose a special celebration or holiday and talk about it using adverbs of frequency. 

 

Activity 5:  "I like this grammar topic, and so do you!"  "No, that's not true. I don't like it, and neither do you!"

5.1  Watch this short video on the use of "so do I" and "neither do I," used to tell other people that you think the same way they do.

 

5.2  Next, do this practice on the use of so and neither for the first person singular ("I").

Remember:  "So do I" or "neither do I" are used to indicate that whatever was said is also true for ourselves. So, I say "so do I" when an affirmative sentence is affirmative for me too, and I use "neither do I" when a negative sentence is negative for me too. Similarly, I use "so am I" or "neither am I" when the verb used is the verb to be.

 

5.3  Grammar Expansion:  More advanced practice on the use of so and neither.

 

Activity 6:  "Teacher Laura usually wakes up at 7 am. She always eats eggs for breakfast. She never goes to the gym and neither do I..."

Plan a short dialogue or role play where you and your partners exchange information about your daily routines; this will be shared with the rest of the class. You have to include in this presentation at least 3 habits of each member of your group (2 affirmative sentences and 1 negative sentence); you should include adverbs of frequency (usually, always, sometimes, every day, every week, once a month, etc.) and/or expressions of time (in the morning, at 9 pm, at night, on Mondays, etc.) Include two reactions to one or two of those sentences with the structures "so do I," "neither do I," or "but" to indicate coincidence or contrast with your own routine.

 

Class Presentation for Unit 2:  Go HERE

 

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

U1 WE1 - T. Laura

U3 WE1 - T. Laura